Sunday, January 9, 2011

She was unique

Dear Family,

As you all know, Joy was one of my oldest and most cherished friends, going back over a period of 51 years.  Our families were intertwined, Joy meeting Walter during our "Flower Drum Song" days and I meeting George ...with a little prodding from Walter and Joy....over 36 years ago.

She was one of the most caring people I've ever known...and level headed.  No hare-brained...or might I say-mouse-brained idea remained unscathed when subject to a withering silence or critical gaze forthcoming from that usually smiling face.  She, of course, loved to buy and sell property and once called me with the idea of buying a house in Turkey after we had visited there.  Now it was my turn..."TURKEY!  Why Turkey, for God's sake?"  "it's beautiful there", she said.

And she was beautiful in every way.  I am so pleased to have known and loved her and there is another hole in my life without her.  She was unique.

She loved you all very much and was proud of you.  And she was secure in the knowledge of your love and caring.

Many hugs to you all-

Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment