Friday, January 14, 2011

A Rock

Dear Adam, Kim and Family,
 
Doris asked me to send this email on her behalf:
 
 
Thank God for snow days!  Kathy and I had a chance to read Joy's blog.  Wonderful--and all so true and full of laughter as well as tears.
 
No one mentioned Joy's secret vice:  Historical romance novels.  (No matter how often she saw the movie "Wuthering Heights", she always yelled at Merle Oberon for choosing David Niven over Laurence Olivier.)
 
I remember what a charge she got out of toddler Allison mishearing her name and asking "Really, George?" when they kicked a soccer ball back and forth.
 
I am forever grateful for the rock she and Walter provided for Mark after Arthur died and I went to work.
 
Thanksgiving on Central Park West was glorious and Thanksgiving will always be "Joy's Day" in our family.
 
I give thanks that our marriages to two remarkable men gave me a chance to know and love her.
 
Doris
 
PS  Could you please tell me of a project close to her heart to which I could make a contribution?  My deepest love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment