Friday, January 7, 2011

Joy Kim Slote

Our mother, Joy Slote, passed away the morning of January 6, 2011. We have created this blog for everyone to share their memories of her with one other. Please feel free to leave your thoughts by posting a comment. Also please send us any photos you would like to share and we will upload them for you. 


We will be posting photos as they come in, so please come back now and then to see them. If for any reason you need to reach us, please send an email to aslote@yahoo.com. 


Thank you, 


Kim, Adam, Jan and Fredda

3 comments:

  1. We are deeply saddened by Joy's passing away.

    She was without doubt one of the most warm, generous, and thoughtful persons we've ever met. We will never forget her kindness to us and the wonderful, fond memories she gave us. What an extraordinary woman she was.

    Please accept our sincerest condolences.

    Heasun, Joongi and Junhee Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy was, indeed, a Joy. She was a loyal and loving friend to my mother, Ruth Dickler, who enjoyed visiting Joy at her country home, where Mom felt at peace with the world. I loved seeing Joy, as she so warmly showed her love for others. Her enthusiasm was contagious.
    I feel sad that she has left us, and grateful to have known her.
    Susan Dickler

    ReplyDelete
  3. To hear that your mom has gone has affected me deeply and caused me to remember both your mom and your dad, as I feel that I have also lost my parents. Joy was a coach, a mentor, a respite from reality, and larger than life for me. I remember every lunch in both Ridgefield and Bovina as though they were yeserday and I will miss them greatly. I'm not sure if I made any major decision from the year I met her without hearing first what her thoughts were. I will carry her srtenght with me forever as her trust in me made me feel like a better person. With my deepest sincerity may you somehow find the celebration of her life to be greater than the mourning of her passing. I hope you truly can cherish how blessed you are to have had this remarkable woman as your mother. Please raise a toast to the rememberence of her smile for me. With love. Carl Bailey

    ReplyDelete