Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Joy had it all!

Joy came in to our lives quite recently through her “old” friend Jim Norcop with whom she had studied voice in LA and Europe.  Nonetheless we met “accidentally” on a park bench in San Miguel when Rowley and I sat down randomly on the same bench with her and Fitnat in March of 2008.  For these past three years Joy has been a constant lovely presence in our lives – visiting in Bovina Centre or here in Toronto. Because she epitomized so many qualities that I treasure It seems like I’ve known her much longer –– openness, acceptance, strong opinions (!), love of fun and laughter, friendliness, sophistication, cultivation, worldliness, down-home charm.  Joy had it all!  It was a great privilege to have Joy in our lives if even for these three short years.  I mourn her loss to the world and send my condolences to her world of friends and admirers. 

Don Melady and Rowley Mossop
Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment